Another beautiful classic butchered by a certain cartoon-maker I will leave unnamed. Guess away!!
"Then if you are not a fish, why did you let yourself be swallowed by the monster?"
"I didn't let myself be swallowed; it was the monster who swallowed me! And now, what are we to do here in the dark?"
"Resign ourselves and wait until the Dogfish has digested us both."
"But I do not want to be digested!" howled _________, beginning to cry again.
"Neither do I want to be digested," added the Tunny (pronounced tune-y), "but I am enough of a philosopher to console myself by thinking, that when one is born a Tunny it is more dignified to die in the water than in oil."
"That is all nonsense!" cried _________.
"It is my opinion," replied the Tunny. "and opinions, so say the political Tunnies, ought to be respected."
"To sum it all up, I want to get away from here, I want to escape."
"Escape if you are able!"
"Is this Dogfish who has swallowed us very big?" asked the ______.
"Big! Why, only imagine, his body is two miles long without counting his tail."
While they were holding this conversation in the dark, _________ thought he saw a light a long way off.
What is that little light I see in the distance?" he asked.
"It is most likely some companion in misfortune who is waiting like us to be digested."
"I shall go to find him. Do you think that it may be, by chance, some old fish who perhaps could show us how to escape?"
"I hope it may be so with all my heart, dear ______."
"Good-by, Tunny."
"Good-by, ______, and good fortune attend you."
"Where shall we meet again?"
"Who can say? . . . It is better not even to think of it!"
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Justin and I guess Pinocchio?
Post a Comment