I'm going to try something new-- As I was reading today I read a line in my book that made me laugh, and I decided I would like to share it with my readers, BUT there is a catch!! I want you to guess what book this comes from!! You are probably thinking this will be hard, but I think you can guess this even if you haven't read the book-- its should seem pretty familiar. In fact, I would guess everyone has seen some version of the movie or play, even though this line isn't in any that I remember.
Here it is:
"Have we been captained all this time by a codfish!" they muttered. "It is lowering to our pride."
Sooooooo, in a week or so, or if someone guesses correctly, I will come back with the answer, and probably type out a good part of the scene. I'll see if this becomes a new series of blogs for me or not, but it will be interesting to see what happens anyways.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The "codfish" part reminds me of Peter Pan, so I guess I will guess that, even though I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.
Peter Pan!
I was going to guess Peter Pan too. I can't think of any other sailing books, other than True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle. Oh and if you haven't read it, I would suggest Calico Captive, it's a Jane Austen type book, but set in America during the French and Indian war. Also, Little Men, I'm reading it now and LOVE it; I want to be like Jo.
Katie Laws #2
I have read all those books (I even have Calico Captive), but its been so long since I've read Little Men that I think I will read it again. Thanks for the suggestions!!!
Post a Comment