Tuesday, May 5, 2009

April Blahs! & Sisterhood of Traveling Pants

For the month of april I went through the reading blahs- I didn't want to read anything, nothing sounded good, I didn't even read the book for Jesse's book club. Blah blah blah. Then at the end of the month I decided to read the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series after I watched teh 2nd movie for the 1st time. These are by Ann Brashares. They were fun enough to perk up my reading interests.

Book 1 is very much like the 1st movie. The writers of the movie followed the story line very closely, but I always think the characters are better developed and represented in books. So that was enjoyable.

The 2nd movie is a modge-podge of the next 3 books, which I thought was pretty weird. I liked the books tons better than the movie, not just because of better character development, but also more extensive plot lines.

I give these books a Thumbs UP!!

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
The Second Summer of the Sisterhood
Girls in Pants: the third summer of the sisterhood
Forever in Blue: the fourth summer of the sisterhood

2 comments:

Katie Fox said...

I read these recently after I saw the movies as well. I agree I liked them way more then the movie. The thing I thought was funny was so many moms have been giving the Twilight series crap for not being appropriate for teenagers. After I read these I would much rather my children read Twilight over these since she doesn't sleep with him until after they are married. Anyway they were fun, I did enjoy them as well.

Kelsey said...

Yeah, that is something I meant to include in my review of these books- there is a lot of grown up stuff going on with these teenage girls! I read books like these and a part of me is shocked and doesn't believe teenagers are really like this, and another part of me knows that this is a real representation of some teenagers.